AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Salesman of the year, you got any good stories?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/23/2021 08:11 (#8852613 - in reply to #8852492)
Subject: RE: Salesman of the year, you got any good stories?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Several years ago I was looking around for a newer used car. I noticed a Ford Thunderbird with the small Turbo charged engine. I had interest in it and talked with the young Salesman about it. I asked about taking it out for a test drive.

He politely told me that it was Company Policy not to allow the potential buyer to drive the cars. I politely told him that it was MY policy to drive the car before purchase. I said that would be my intended use of the car. As I started to walk towards the door, he came running after me and said he could check.

The boss apparently said it was OK that I drive the car as long as he rode along. I suppose it was their intent to keep uninterested parties for taking the car for a test drive to see "what she will do". I bought one but from a different dealer.

On another occasion, I bought a new pickup and had it in a detail shop to add a bed liner. While there I noticed a new car in the next bay where the employee had the driver door all taken apart. He seemed friendly enough so I asked him what he was doing. He said adding a Remote Start system. Since the sticker was still in the window I glanced over it. I said to the employee, It's no business of mine but according to the window sticker this car already has remote start from the factory. He looked at the sticker and agreed. He said that dumb ass salesmen, I've got it all apart and they are getting the add on anyway.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)