AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Salesman of the year, you got any good stories?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/23/2021 10:41 (#8852886 - in reply to #8852699)
Subject: RE: Salesman of the year, you got any good stories?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
plumcreekfarm - 2/23/2021 08:50

Local Deere store. Customer was looking at a new gator. He asked the salesman what kind of engine it had. The salesman didn’t know but he was fairly sure it had one. Needless to say he wasn’t a salesman long.
Current salesman went from working at the local grocery store to salesman. Heard he was second from top salesman in a 13 store dealer in 2019.

The grocery store reference reminded me of a story. A young lad was working in a grocery store and a customer came in and asked for half a head of lettuce. The young lad took it to the back room to cut it in half. The store owner happened to be back there and asked the young man was doing. He had not realized that the customer had followed him to the back room. The kid says some dumb ass wants a half a head of lettuce, just then he realized the customer was standing there. He quickly added and this fine Gentleman is willing to take the other half. The customer left with the lettuce. The store manager said "Wow that was close, you covered that up nicely but maybe shouldn't have referred to him as a dumb ass in the first place".

Well, the kid says, the guy really is a dumb ass, he's from Canada. You know, all they have up there are Whores and Hockey Players, to which the store manager replied, "Well my wife is from Canada. " Without a pause, the kid replied "Oh what team did she play for?" I think he went on to be a politician.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)