AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My one year update to ketogenic diet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/4/2020 15:44 (#8021124 - in reply to #8021113)
Subject: it's kind of like..................

Pittsburg, Kansas
It reminds me of how wife and I approached savings and retirement. We did without things early in our marriage so we always could save and put away money for retirement so we could do things later in life. We sacrificed early on so we could do more later, which we are doing. It worked out well.

If only we had approached our dietary needs in the same way. If I would not have drank those gallons of Pepsi. If I had more limited my ice cream, pie and candy more than I did. If I had had better knowledge about diet like I had about financial issues maybe I would have made better choices. Had I not made all the bad choices early on then maybe I would not be diabetic now and have to be so much more careful in what I eat.

Had I made better dietary choices like I made good financial choices, maybe I could enjoy more things dietary now.

But I had my fun. I had my rewards early in life. I made my bed, and now I have to sleep in it. Some of those choices were just me being me. Bullet proof young man. Some was I just did not have the proper knowledge to do the right thing. We were told sugar is not that bad. Calories in, calories out.

I blame no one. It is what it is. It is life.

I'm just so thankful we discovered what we did before it was completely too late.

John
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)