AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My one year update to ketogenic diet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/3/2020 15:14 (#8018836 - in reply to #8018557)
Subject: RE: My one year update to ketogenic diet

Pittsburg, Kansas
Thanks.

It is just so darn exciting from my perspective, it is hard NOT to share about it in hopes someone else can gain benefits.

It may not work for everyone. But the way I look at it is, what is the downside of trying?

Dr Berry is a straight shooter. Do I think some of the on line doctors may go over the top a little? Yes, they may. I always try to take everything they say in context to my life. I don't follow every single thing I hear. But I have a brain and I can evaluate what they say, check it out from other sources, and make a decision if it sounds like something I want to do.

For example, I don't get excited too much with the grass fed grass finished beef or the pasture raised eggs. Are they ok? Darn right, and if people want to pay double for a 1% improvement in nutrient content more power to them. I try to evaluate the things that they might not have the best possible information on. Like the fact that they talk about the grain fed cattle when any farmer knows they are never finished totally on grain and that corn silage comes from corn plants which are a grass. So some of the things I can spot are sketchy information and may not be the best and take that into account.

But just because they got 1% or 10% wrong, doesn't mean they got it all wrong.

In any thing I research, I try to take the best of the information I can find while ignoring the portions that I don't think makes the best sense. It is never all or nothing. I sift out what I think is relavent.

And as always, the ultimate decision what to do with our own bodies is up to us. Not a doctor or anyone else. We have to all choose our own path. I never want anyone to do something because I do it. Do something because they do their own homework and it makes sense to them.

I only provide links to a source of information that I think might have SOME beneficial information. Each person has to decide what if any of it is valuable to them.

John

Edited by John Burns 2/3/2020 15:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)