AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My one year update to ketogenic diet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/3/2020 07:58 (#8018028 - in reply to #8015964)
Subject: and yet another anecdote - sinus problems solved

Pittsburg, Kansas
I forgot about this one till last night going to bed.

Used to be I took decongestants almost every day when scuba diving. If I did not, I could dive one or two days, then my sinus would be so clogged I could not clear my ears at depth and had to stop diving. So I took decongestants daily. This is not recomended, by the way, for the fear the decongestant might wear off while under water and get a reverse ear squeeze (I never did have a problem with that), which can be horrible.

But last year when I changed diet around Feb. 1 within a short while I was able to quit taking the decongestants. Have not taken any in nearly a year. Used to take them a lot at home for alergies certain times of the year with only modest results.

Have not taken an antihistamine/decongestant for close to a year now. They were not prescription (although I have used prescriptions but just went to over the counter) so I did not count them in the half dozen prescription medicines I was able to stop.

I had kind of forgotten about not having to pop sinus clearing pills every day.

I still get a little runny nose once in a while (especially if I eat spicy foods or foods with a lot of black pepper, which I love and use liberally), but hardly ever sinus congestion.

If it seem like I oversell diet change for all the positive results I have had...................... well it just is what it is. For me. Others results may vary. But it costs almost nothing to try.

John

Edited by John Burns 2/3/2020 08:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)