AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My one year update to ketogenic diet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/4/2020 11:33 (#8020702 - in reply to #8020541)
Subject: RE: My one year update to ketogenic diet

Pittsburg, Kansas
Down here pork belly seems to be a very popular meat. Can always find it in the meat case. It is cut about as thick as hillbilly bacon (thick) but cut at a different angle than bacon so the meat/fat strips alternate not as wide as bacon. No curing, just fresh pork.

I did not realize how tasty pork belly was till eatiing this pretty regularly. Wife also uses it as extra fat addition for other dishes like beef stew. Having the alternating fat/meat makes it really have a nice mouth feel and a nice blend of fat and meat in each bite. The few times I have had pork belly in the past it was a big slab with huge hunks of fat then chunks of meat. I don't like eating just globs of fat so was not that impressed with it. But this stuff is really good.

It took me about 3 or 4 months to completely wean myself from the sweet cravings. Now I more prefer sour tastes like lemon tartness or plain yogurt tartness. I would have never guess that my taste pallet would change to that degree a year ago when we started this. I was most definitely sugar/sweet/carb adicted. Takes a while to reverse that.

I used artificial sweetners (mostly diet pop) for the first couple months then just started slowly cutting down till I no longer found them satisfying.

John

Edited by John Burns 2/4/2020 11:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)