AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My one year update to ketogenic diet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

cfdr
Posted 2/3/2020 16:34 (#8018985 - in reply to #8018836)
Subject: RE: My one year update to ketogenic diet

John Burns - 2/3/2020 15:14

For example, I don't get excited too much with the grass fed grass finished beef
John

My wife and I have some experience with grass fed beef. First off, the variability is huge. Some is ok, but some is tough and tasteless. It's impossible to know which is which when you are making the purchase. Feeding grain gives beef the desired flavor - and - very importantly, the consistency. My brother-in-law was so sure grass fed was the way to go, and we got several animals from the ranch. I finally decided that, at my age, I as going to eat what I wanted to eat! Another thing, some of the loads went 600+ miles, and then the cattle waited days to get killed. Half of the loads even were put back in the feedlot - on hay, of course. Now, any cattle feeder can tell you that once an animal has been stressed, the fat in the muscle disappears, but not the fat rind around the outside. That fat in the muscle, once gone, never gets put back on. So, you can see where much of the inconsistency comes from. Many people in the grass fed beef business don't really know much about what they are doing, it seems.

I tried to convince my brother-in-law to forget grass fed beef, but I'm guessing you know about how that went . . .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)