AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I am tired of getting SCREWED OVER
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

W Guenther NeNE
Posted 2/19/2009 23:49 (#615951 - in reply to #615718)
Subject: Re: I am tired of getting SCREWED OVER

West Point, NE
I did not even get the option of a high road. My father was told to "Tell your boy he is not farming next year" cant even walk in the house and tell me face to face or even give me a call.

As for managing my temper my uncle has pushed me to my limits many times over four years. the first was when father and uncle split up farming partnership and when asked if could do this slowly over years he said "Why, there is no benefit to me?" next was dragging his feet with splitting up could not get financing first year cause banker wanted split up and taxes done before giving me and dad a loan so sat for a whole year farming very little. Having to drop everything to put up his 20 acres of "premium" weed infested alfalfa.

More than doubling what i payed for rent from what he payed to grandma, She owns pretty much all the ground. Helped him numerous times cause his "precious" cows were out or sick or whatever at any hour of any day. This last year was the best, he had kept alfalfa field for his cows and previous fall sprayed field dead and was 1 1/2 days from seeding winter wheat he tells me sorry you cant have it going to put corn in it for silage to dry lot cows. I had treated seed payed for and custom drill sitting at place. kept changing mind through winter about wanting corn or not, decided wanted the corn and that I would custom farm it for him and buy all the inputs, FINE.

Pickuped seed in evening going to plant next day and he comes over to tell me that he hired neighbor to plant it for him TWO weeks ago. couple weeks later get the third degree about when his precious hay was getting taken care of while still trying to get cropps sprayed and planted. the best is during harvest i had bean straw dropped instead of spread to bale and he hires neighbor to bale it and takes the bales.

So given these events and many more that i have not beaten my uncle to a bloody pulp shows great restraint on my part but what really started me off tonight is that uncle will be farming all of the ground this year paying $40 per acre less after he said never wanted to farm again "NO Money in Farming" and was told by aunt and uncle that as long as I wanted to farm and they got the rent money I could farm. I never said anything to them for four years and finially had enough tonight. Cant burn bridges that are already burning

Thank you for letting me rant and wasting your time on this stupid thing
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)