AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whats the point of preplant even half of Nitrogen in corn?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

DobsonAG
Posted 5/26/2019 08:20 (#7521624 - in reply to #7521451)
Subject: RE: fallout

Donnellson, IA. Makes saying here easier.

The Clean Water Act authorizes EPA and states, which are delegated the authority by EPA, to regulate point sources that discharge pollutants into waters of the United States through the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit program. And they a fun to fill out and abide by let me tell you.

Point source obviously meaning all pipes starting small, converging to larger pipes and the one big old pipe that enters the creek or river. If that is how your farm is set up that is great thanks for being innovative and would love to see the data. Municipal and industrial are monitored on the way in and way out. Sure some of them are probably messing with numbers to make it work. But all of the permits are based on flow. River doubles in cubic feet per second you can dump more amounts into it. Solution to pollution is dilution not really a new concept. And I'm sure no farmer has ever put more manure on than allowed. He has zero idea the downstream effects or BOD levels if it found a stream. Much like one farm losing a little N.....not a big deal at all. Millions of acres losing 20-50# Do the math on that quick. I'm sure we would take that check deposited in about 5 accounts.

Been on both sides and pick your scapegoat however and remain under a rock. Be ignorant might be blissful doesn't make you not the probem.

Edited by DobsonAG 5/26/2019 08:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)