AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Radiator Stop Leak
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ben2013
Posted 12/13/2017 18:23 (#6426972 - in reply to #6426727)
Subject: RE: I was of the same belief until.............

Western, Pa
TP from Central PA - 12/13/2017 17:29

I sold a 3 bottom #60 trailer plow on ebay years ago when ebay was the hot thing. It sold, but not for much, and they were bringing more than that even then. Guy who bought it contacted me via email. I told him to let me know when he wanted to pick it up, email or call ahead of time to make sure I would be around, and the machine would be here to load him and gave him my address. He said fine, I drive OTR truck, but will be some weekend coming up. I told him it was ok to pay me cash on pickup, which he said was great. Anyhow, I figured it would be soon................acouple months went by, heard nothing. One day while laying irrigation pipe, my wife calls me. Hey, a guy is here to get that plow. I was one county away and no machine was close there to load it and I could not leave what I was doing anyhow . I told her to give him my number and to call before he came back. He did not leave any payment at that time either which was fine, I get it, he wasn't getting his plow. So, not only do a few months pass, but a WHOLE YEAR! Didn't hear anything, plow sat here yet, but again, he bought it, and he is coming so it will sit. One day I get home, my wife was working away, and their is a note on my door. Hi, this is joe blow, I would like to get that plow, I will be back the next weekend. Next weekend came, nothing. Nothing the week after. After about being fed up, and my email contact not working I put it on craigslist. Guy called almost immediately, said he would be here in an hour. He came in 45 minutes, had cash, I loaded it and he was gone. 4 months go by, I get home late and another note on my door, Hi this is joe blow, I will be back tomorrow to get my plow. Again no contact info, so I wrote a nasty letter saying I was tired of being jerked around so long even ebay said to re-sell it and I waited and it still was here so I sold it and taped it to the door. Next evening I got a sob story letter that he paid for it and was being jipped.....................Oh well, he didn't pay for it and drug his feet too long, any normal person would have sold that pronto. It taught me one lesson though, first one here with cash is the buyer, no more of that nonsense. Even with ebay behind it, I waited so long they didn't even know what to do.

Glad I only drug my feet a few months to get that front end off you haha
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)