AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Radiator Stop Leak
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 12/13/2017 16:29 (#6426726 - in reply to #6426626)
Subject: RE: WILD BUCK WHEAT YOU ARE THE MAN

n.c.iowa
WildBuckwheat - 12/14/2017 02:25

The first few times you sell something by advertising it online:

- Some calls and wants to come look on Sunday, 5 days from now.
- Your phone rings again:
- "You can't come look at it until after Sunday, someone is supposed to come look on Sunday. Ya I'd be available Monday, just give me a call on Sunday and I'll let you know.
- "You can't come look at it until after Sunday, someone is supposed to come look on Sunday. Well I guess you could come look on Saturday, the Sunday and Monday guys would have first rights to it but you can look at it."
- Your phone rings again, its the guy that's supposed to look on Sunday, he wants to come on Saturday at the exact same time the other guy comes. You tell him you aren't available. He says he'll come Sunday at the agree time.
- You kind of stop replying to emails at this point because you have three guys lined up to come look at it.
- "No I won't drive it 80 miles for you to look at and and I wouldn't trade a 1980's rv with a cummins conversion and a propane fridge for it."

- Now its Tuesday. A full week later. Nobody showed up even though they said they would. Your ad has fallen and is no longer fresh. You regret not responding to everyone.

You do this the first few times you sell anything online. ATV's are the worst.

After that you put in your ads "first person to put money in my hands gets it, call me right before you come look at it because it might be gone."
For some reason you get less responses and they are of much higher quality.

You weren’t staying upstairs at my house the last time I tried to sell something were you?

Good grief, the last time I had something on Craigslist, i made the wife swear to stop me if I ever tried to sell something on there again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)