AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Radiator Stop Leak
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ihmanky
Posted 12/13/2017 14:30 (#6426525 - in reply to #6426237)
Subject: RE: Are all Iowa farmers like the one I've just dealt with?

KY

Lucsco - 12/13/2017 11:06 I tend to agree. I've bought more than one farm over the phone and consummated the deal in writing a few days later. You just got to know who you're dealing with. I've been in land sales as a broker for over 30 years and a lot of stuff is done with a handshake until the parties get together in writing.

This above says you've BOUGHT more than one farm over the phone.. and that's fine..  You didn't BUY the tractor over the phone, you said you'd come look at it, then, mutual agreement or not, you put off looking at it two or three days.  Maybe, the guy needed it sold quickly for whatever reason, or maybe not, and you don't know if they guy bought it or not, if someone else showed up 30 mins later and bought it on the spot.  If your offer wasn't his asking price, you didn't "buy" it over the phone.  Just because you made an offer doesn't mean it was a deal.  I had a guy come from 300 miles away to buy a tractor from me last spring, and he offered a grand less than my price.  Said it would be a week before he could come, and I said if someone beat his offer in between on site it was gone, but to call me the night before and assure me he was coming the next morning, and I would hold it overnight.  It worked out he got the tractor, but if someone in the meantime had offered the extra grand to drive it away right then, it was theirs.  I've been no showed more than once.  Now I tell em to come on whenever, that it's for sale to anyone until money hits my hand.  You didn't get screwed, but I understand your being disappointed.  It's important to remember, no two people do business the exact same way, and during times when we're the buyer, the ball really is in the seller's court, and all you can do is walk away if something doesn't fit, otherwise, you're kinda on their terms to an extent. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)