AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Radiator Stop Leak
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 12/13/2017 14:08 (#6426479 - in reply to #6426162)
Subject: RE: Are all Iowa farmers like the one I've just dealt with?

southern MN
Lucsco - 12/13/2017 10:36

Guys listen to his. I've been looking for a nice 8410 for 3 years. Found one in Walker Iowa which is 125 miles from me I'm in western illinois. Well I communicated what's the farmer owner of the tractor.
And last Thursday night talked to the guy and said I could be there early friday morning but got thinking while I was talking to the guy I said duane it's going to be real cold in the morning and I hate starting tractors when its cold out when I don't have to and he agreed it was suppose to be warmer on Sunday so we sat the time for 11:00 sunday morning. So Friday morning happen to be at my JD dealer talking to the service manager in Aledo about the tractor walked outside at it was acut ally not to bad out got home at 11:30 and thought I would call the guy and see if I could come this afternoon It was only a little over a 2 hour drive. Guy answered the phone and proceeds a guy called him this morning and he told the guy I was coming on Sunday but the prick was insistent on coming.
I told the seller hell I could be there before 3 and he said know I'll let you know later in the day what he said. I made the guy a real good offer over the phone without even seeing it. Well I was pissed!!!
So the guy calls me and says the guys pretty interested in it but wanted to talk about it with his wife first so that really pissed me off so I said to him if the guys got enough balls to ask to look before me when I had appointment scheduled then he should have enough balls to write the check without first having to ask his wife first!!! What a phony S.O.B... the seller wasn't any better than that S.O.B.
I also said that goes against all farm etiquette as far as I'm concerned. And that there's an Unwritten rule in Illinois about that kind of crap. Told the seller my offer was good until 6 p.m at night which was only another 30 minutes later. Never heard back from the guy and I assume the S.O.B bought it but not sure. I was so pissed off that I deleted that guy's phone number so I couldn't contact him if I wanted to. the tractor was advertisement in the Iowa Spokesman accordingly to the seller and I'm not a member of that.
It was a really a crappy deal all the way around and I can only hope that the same thing happens to them sometime. Because they're both too gutless wonders!
Any thoughts on this unethical behavior? I just can't trust anyone anymore? Comments would be appreciated.
Had to get this off my chest! Thanks Guys!

Didn't read any other replies, but I bet most are against you. Folks are all heated up on Craig's list and they need to sell it at zero risk and if they have to answer the phone twice it's too big an inconvienience for them, blah blah.

There is no ethics any more, and the folks who use CL around here kind of prove that, their motto is the fist one with cash gets it and screw anyone else.

How society has gone.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)