AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More on European GMO conclusions.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 11/22/2017 13:05 (#6381705 - in reply to #6381212)
Subject: RE: More on European GMO conclusions.

Chebanse, IL.....

I don't get that "using more" thing either. Corn insecticide used to be a big deal in this part of the world. There were the granulars you applied at planting for the bugs in the dirt. But, that did nothing at all for ECB or other flying moth/bugs, including rootworm beetles. Some of scouted & used only the economic threshold levels to decide when to spray or fly on (most often) products for the later season flying bugs. However, many in this area also just chose to go ahead & play it safe & do all the fields. No way in scouting can you cover 100% of every field. 

So, there were a lot of insecticides used. Not now. There is still some, but if there's more, I don't know who's using it or on what.

Same with herbicides. Last couple of years if you were using RR sytems, you might've needed to add 1-2 extra products.....maybe. Back in the conventional days, we were using 3-5 products in a tank.

No, I don't believe the "using more pesticides now..." statement either. I'd like input from someone like the IFCA on that statement.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)