AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More on European GMO conclusions.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jtpfarm
Posted 11/18/2017 17:54 (#6373757 - in reply to #6373719)
Subject: RE: More on European GMO conclusions.

mn
dexter 860 - 11/18/2017 17:27

I put down metributzen around my tomato plants this year, every time it rained they wilted a little. Metributzen is labeled for tomato's but I thought after that, nah I'd rather feed my family tomato's that don't have herbicide residue, going back to the hoe next year. Cancer is a western diesease along with type 2 diabetes. There is islands in the Pacific where natives have never had processed food, they have been studied and have no reports of any cancer , no diabetes and the adolescents don't experience acne, can't say it's from the absence of pesticides in their diet , but there is a reason America is among the most unhealthiest nation in the world, its our diet. I don't mind eating a steer that had been given antibiotics in moderation of course, but sorry I don't believe that mega farm livestock and monocropping low diversity high reliance on GMO and pesticides is going to be our savior. I think my free range eggs do taste better than the bland grocery store junk.

Organic does use pesticides, a lot of them, they are just organic pesticides. That doesn't mean they are safe. They also use nitrogen fertilizer, just organic.

The islands that don't have cancer are not exposed to thousands of things we are. And that is aside form food. I would be willing to be the cancer/diabetes we have that DOES come from food has more to do with the preservatives, additives, and processing that goes into the piles of "too lazy to cook" food that Americans consume by the ton. Rather than the growing process of the food. But we are in a "the farmer is the devil" era so that's where the blame goes. We also live in a period where the favorite past time seems to be sitting on ones butt for days at a time with little to no activity. And many of our jobs have gotten that way also. There are studies that suggest sitting for long periods is as bad as smoking.

My OPINION is that processed food and minimal physical activity is to blame for a lot of our health problems in this country.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)