AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for those who live with a girlfriend
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

johns_79
Posted 5/19/2017 22:48 (#6026175 - in reply to #6025636)
Subject: RE: Question for those who live with a girlfriend

Windom, MN
My girlfriend moved in in January. It was a year after we started dating, and a month after I proposed. She comes with 2 kids and no dad, so the kids are always with us. Our finances are completely separate yet, all I ask is she pays the city bill (water, sewer, electricity, TV, Internet) and groceries. I pay for everything else. She makes more than I do, but has more bills like a car payment and student loans. I buy when we go out to eat, but we only try to do that twice a week. I've bought clothes for the girls on occasion.

There have been some growing pains for sure. She used to live in a huge house, and mine is small. The girls don't have much room, so it's close quarters. I have a lot more stuff in my house now, and I'm always cleaning. She does the cooking, but that's about it. i lived completely alone for 11 years, so it's been different, but when I go away for conferences I can't wait to come home. So I love it, the kids are fun, and she really appreciates the help. We will be moving soon into a much bigger house, but with that comes a much more expensive lifestyle. I have goals for myself, and one of those is to move to the farm which is going to happen, I just hope she likes living there as much as I did. She misses her friends, so it hasn't been easy for her either. But we love each other and can't imagine being apart, so We have made sacrifices for the long term already.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)