AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for those who live with a girlfriend
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Pvafarm
Posted 5/19/2017 06:21 (#6024412 - in reply to #6024219)
Subject: RE: Question for those who live with a girlfriend

Southeast WI
Oh great, throw that question out here to a bunch of older white guys with the rest of the demographics that follow and I don't think you're going to get any very good answers. I like the one guy that says if you don't think she's a princess and treat her as such you are basically doomed. This isn't the 1950's... Give me a break.

It's a tough call what you want or need to do. My wife and I never formally moved in together before marriage but we have had a communal pot of money ever since - and she's stayed home to raise the girls for the last 17 years. However she does the bookwork for both of our businesses and is an integral part of our farm operation. On the other hand I have a few friends that keep a separate checking acct for all communal needs and each put X amt of money in that each month. I think as a married couple that's dumb as hell but if you are each control freaks with money and that works to keep you sane, then go for it.

Biggest screw up I've seen is a friend that rented a room to a nice young lady. Months later she "started paying the rent differently". 20 years and two boys later he still bitches he should have kept collecting the cash! :-))

Good luck. Talk it out. You'll get there if it's meant to work.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)