AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for those who live with a girlfriend
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ben5398
Posted 5/19/2017 12:07 (#6025005 - in reply to #6024292)
Subject: RE: Guess I'm really OLD . . . . .

Central Illinois
jcolli140 - 5/18/2017 23:42

I have no problem paying all the bills, however she takes pride in that she got herself through college and struck out on her own, so she is very independent and I don't think she would be comfortable with that arrangement. She is by no means a princess, she has always lived in town but absolutely loves helping me feed calves and such. Another reason why I feel living together before getting married is logical is because she may decide in 6 months that she doesn't like living in the country and the smells, sights etc aren't any fun anymore.

Don't split bills, or split rent, makes breaking up harder. Instead maybe have her set money aside into an account. If it works out you have a wedding fund. If not kiss it and her goodbye and be happy its over. Monetary connections before marriage are unwise. My mil and fil both encouraged my sil to buy a house with her boyfriend. About a year in they were on the rocks, they needed to split up but they did not as it held them together. They still need to break up but are together, and that was 4-5 years ago.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)