AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Carter grain embargo
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

cfdr
Posted 12/21/2013 09:05 (#3535565 - in reply to #3535486)
Subject: Re: Carter grain embargo

That's a good selection of quotes, John. Thanks. I think that, for anyone who has been really watching, the last few years has shown that, no matter who is elected, we now see who runs the place. Perhaps the *only* thing that could change this is a revolution, and even I would dread that. IMHO, rule by the Left is probably much worse than being under the Ruling Class we see today. This is what I was saying about how violently Big Money reacts to communism - that is the only thing that would take the wealth away from the crooks in NYC and WDC.

Food was mentioned too, and I think it is hard to overestimate the importance of cheap food. I think it is obvious that Big Money and the politicians have always done what is necessary to ensure affordable food. It was, IMHO, this that finally led to what I call the thirty year cycle high in corn - keep something cheap long enough and you will finally generate enough demand to make a bull market. From here on, my guess is that we will go back to government involvement, and the goal will be to always produce enough to keep prices on the cheap side. Without government, there would be much wider price swings - and profit potential for good operators. But I do not think they want this, so I'm guessing they will try to limit these swings, and corresponding profit potential will be much less too. When it comes to farming and food production, there are very few of us who would like to see capitalism. It seems that, even here on this forum, most have grown to embrace a fair amount of Central Planning when it comes to farming.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)