AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Carter grain embargo
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

cfdr
Posted 12/20/2013 12:20 (#3533628 - in reply to #3533399)
Subject: Re: Carter grain embargo

"Trade freely with them" - absolutely - but in the long term. Short term, however, can be a very different thing, as this is *the* one big danger to the health of Big Money. The communists just take the money away - right now. My explanation, I think, is the only explanation that can account for the rabid reaction we have seen to these movements in the western hemisphere. A successful Cuba (even only successful in the short term), supported by the former USSR, would have been a very real danger to Big Money in South America.

I totally agree about "the "democracy" we have inflicted on unwilling people." We tried to do that in Cuba. When that failed, Big Money felt that Cuba could not be allowed to even appear to be an attractive example to other countries. Communism, at least in the early phases following revolution, is the one form that Big Money cannot control, or at least heavily influence. Cuba could not even appear to be successful.

What is happening now? Russia is back to Central Control. China has moved dramatically toward capitalism. We are moving more and more toward a mixture of rule of Big Money together with a form of communism for everyone else. It can be argued that we are increasingly moving toward the worst of both worlds where the middle class is eliminated.

As far as "free market" and people figuring things out, I remember talking to my old banker years ago when I was much younger. He said that it is still up in the air whether democracy could work, or whether more and more people would vote themselves more and more benefits until the system broke down. That sure seems to be how this system is unfolding - but along with the wealthy extorting more and more out of it at the same time - it looks like we will have to crash and burn.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)