AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Carter grain embargo
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 12/20/2013 10:06 (#3533295 - in reply to #3533294)
Subject: Re: Carter grain embargo

Buxton ND
Yes it was Iowa "Soviet invasion of Afghanistan"

BUT those embargo powers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,one stoke on Carter pen,those powers WERE put in the original Russia grain agreement of the 1970's................................. Little fine print wording that haunted us FOR YEARS...........................

Here is a little tid bit I found when researching this subject 2-3 years ago. This was said by John Block at his Senate confirmation hearing hearing January 27 1980. Pretty much proves how stupid our government can be and WE the American Farmer payed the price................................

I believe food is now the great weapon we
. have for keeping peace in the world. I t w i l l
continue to be so for the next 20 years, as
other countries become more dependent on
American farm exports and become reluctant to
upset us.

These statement above IMO echoed world wide,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that echo was a huge expansion of world wide production,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and we became known as being an UN-reliable suppliers of grains to feed the world.............................................

We had the Russia Grain agreement...
We HAVE the RFSA act today...
Have we became known as a UN-reliable suppliers because we're putting it in the gas tanks and not feeding the world ? ? ?
This is probably the MOST important question the American Farmers have faced in 40 years..................
Some may not like this post,,,,,,,but this is using history to look forward and is why I would NOT buy any land right now.............................
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)