AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Carter grain embargo
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

cfdr
Posted 12/20/2013 10:32 (#3533354 - in reply to #3533214)
Subject: Re: Carter grain embargo

On the surface, Cuba appears to have not worked, but I have come to a different conclusion. It isolated Cuba and did the job it was intended to do. Money=power, and the people who have the money can pretty much control the rest of us whether we live in (what's called) a democracy, or under a dictator. Under "democracy" (I use the quotes because it is only called this and in practice it is far from it), money buys votes. Think about the poor excuses we have been allowed to vote for for decades. I would even vote for "The Donald" if he would run, for the simple reason that he can at least talk about the problems honestly. With a dictator, money=power too, as the dictator needs that money support - or at least it is useful. But under communism, the people who have the money have it taken away. Communism terrifies (what I call) the ruling class. So, it cannot be allowed to even appear to be successful in the western hemisphere. If Cuba had been allowed to be successful, the revolution would probably have spread to other countries. That possibility was simply too dangerous to the people who at least try to control the world. So, even to this day, Cuba is isolated - since they could not assassinate Castro like they did Salvador Allende of Chile.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)