AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Problems working with dad
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Newguy
Posted 6/23/2012 10:45 (#2445133 - in reply to #2444312)
Subject: RE: Problems working with dad

Renville Minnesota

Im willing to bet most here on agtalk could share story's of "situations" with their father...... Just as many could do the same about their son's.....

There is a dynamic which seems could be unique to farming.

There are some guys who have no problem walking away from management, but still want to do something on the farm in a lesser role.   Those guys seem to have other interests and a better general over all health and well being.  

Its the guys who's only interest and focus is the farm..... Not agriculture in general, just the farm.   I get that its been the focus for most of the life, but I also wonder how many fella's have ever googled "workaholic negative effects on family"......   Am willing to bet most of us could at times fall into that category.   Trick is to not stay in it.

Re focusing oneself on what is important is something I personally have a struggle with almost daily.  I don't think Im alone in this area.

There is always work to do, always will be.   

Sorry I don't have a good answer or advice to give ya.   Everyones situation is different.   I do know the guys with us, if not given a direct order, have the ability to keep themselves busy doing things to improve or maintain the surroundings.  Nobody sits around any time of the year unless its from 7-8 Am or 3-3:30 pm and not on a project or in the field.    

The number one problem we have is communication, sometimes what is said is interpreted differently.  Or is not heard, or is said poorly.  Or is not said at all.......

Good luck 

Edited by Newguy 6/23/2012 13:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)