AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

autosteer - good investment or not
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tooth and nail
Posted 9/12/2010 16:11 (#1356787 - in reply to #1353743)
Subject: Re: autosteer - good investment or not

Seat belt is the last thing you want in a rough field, sure it keeps you in the seat,but it compounds the problem of rough fields. you get hit much harder by the belt from the rebound of the seat(air seat) . Every one I've seen, the damping is only on the compression of the shock ,not the rebound. It will actually make you sick from the jolting of your guts,I assume it's kinda like a boxer getting KO' d by body blows, it's a cumulative effect.

A GOOD GPS will put an additional guide mark, at a predetermined distance, on the guide line to basically show where you will be in (X) number of seconds if you continue on your current course , it eliminates the "chasing the lights" problem of making lots of small course corrections where you get the small zigzags through the field, it's especially good on contour or "last pass" as I think it's called now.

To me it's the differance of driving 55mph down the road being able to see 10' in front of the truck vs 500'. both can be done ,it's just less stressful when you can see whats comming up, further away.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)