AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

autosteer - good investment or not
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 9/10/2010 14:38 (#1354273 - in reply to #1353743)
Subject: Re: autosteer - good investment or not

Leesburg, Ohio
It's tough to figure a really fast payback for autosteer based on guidance alone. Yes, the increased efficiency and decreased overlap certainly add $ to the bottom line, but it is the row shutoffs and swath control that make the savings really add up in a hurry.

I agree with the others that have said autosteer is something that you won't want to give up once you have it, but it is the other functions that go along with a complete system that actually pays for the system. That is the reason I would recommend to anyone that they invest in the basics of a system that can be added to as the budget allows so you can end up with a fully functional integrated system, instead of a bunch a individual expensive "gadgets" that are neat but don't pay the bills. There are probably many systems out there that will accomplish this goal. The two I would have a reasonable amount of confidence in, would be a complete Greenstar setup, or a complete Trimble setup. Oh, and I would highly recommend going RTK right off the bat to get the best bang for the buck in payback.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)