AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Salesman of the year, you got any good stories?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

billybob
Posted 2/23/2021 12:00 (#8853022 - in reply to #8852492)
Subject: RE: Salesman of the year, you got any good stories?

Tried to by a new 9400 combine and head locally.  None on lot. Said they would have to ship one in from clear across Nebraska.  Hmmmm.  Had to drive north about 75 miles to get New Idea seed corn picker parts.  Drove by a JD lot just 50 miles from home.  There was a 9400 with head just what I wanted.  Told local dealer about it.  Called back 3 days later to see what the local dealer had figured out.  He gave me the old song and dance about have to ship one in, ect.  I hung up the phone and drove 50 miles and bought the 9400 and head.  3 or 4 days later the local JD manager calls me up and just chews me out for not buying a combine locally.  Figure that one out.  Do you know what I bought locally for the next 30 years ?  Yep, you are right. Nothing.  

P.S. I even explained to the dealer 50 miles north that I was trying to by one locally and told my local JD man about the machine setting on his lot.   All the time the salesman was writing up the order he was muttering to himself, "Why didn't the dealer contact me?  I would have worked out something with him."   Strange world we live.   

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)