AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's wrong with addressing someone as 'Sir' or 'Ma'am'?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

hf213
Posted 5/27/2015 17:52 (#4594406 - in reply to #4593675)
Subject: RE: What's wrong with addressing someone as 'Sir' or 'Ma'am'?

I do not have a problem with it at all, as I think it is a very respectable greeting to an unknown person. I will be 50 in August to give an idea of my age and I'll use them both at ballgames, or meetings, and when we go on vacations anywhere in the States as well as Canada, and seem to get along just fine, and I seem to get professional or polite conversation back. I also use common sense with it, I would say if I want to talk to younger generation, say like high school kids, I might start out with " How are you ? or " Hey you guys ( if more than 1 ) , and that works too. Back to the main question.... I was taught to use these salutations from my parents and grandparents, and it was also followed up by my teachers in grade and high school.
I think I even get more polite service or return smiles when I use it.
If someone calls me sir, I appreciate it or at least dont get upset from it, it basically means someone wants my attention and they probably do not know my name yet, and some might even call me sir, even if they do know me.

Heck , even around some of my best friends / buddies, we'll say, " How are you today fine sir ? ) then the B.S. can begin.

Always have gotten along fine with law enforcement and government officials the same way using Ma'am or Sir.

Works " Here "

Edited by hf213 5/27/2015 17:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)