AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Maintenance and upkeep: Am I wrong?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

a4t-1600
Posted 3/30/2015 22:04 (#4487442 - in reply to #4479185)
Subject: RE: Maintenance and upkeep: Am I wrong?

Dearfield Co.
After reading thru this whole thread since it started I was reluctant to say what I truly felt...... But Screw it . I wish I had my dad around to make these rigged repairs and can remember more of these than repairs that $$$ was spent on. I didn't understand at the time but now with the debt load I have as well as the cash flow I totally understand what it is like to reuse a pair of bearings on a sweep machine that aren't perfect. I also have mastered the cleaning of parts only to reuse the old ones due to cost of the new ones. I can also remember vacations that were actually only going thru a salvage yard looking for the parts to keep trucking. I wish I had him back to advise me on the mess I have now with the cost of inputs and low crop prices-------------------I actually miss the things he would say when the $hit was hitting the fan and I didn't know where my next gallon of diesel fuel was coming from-------------------------Even though it is sometimes frustrating there will be a time you won't have him and even the pain in the butt cobbled repairs will be missed. Hopefully you won't be in a position like I am where a person could be one blown tractor tire away from a financial disaster when you lose your father. Go along with him and do it his way then if necessary redo it at a later date when he is busy doing something else. Another thing as his son you don't always have to be right he can win a few just because he is DAD
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)