AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Maintenance and upkeep: Am I wrong?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

don@nebr
Posted 3/27/2015 19:28 (#4481001 - in reply to #4480146)
Subject: RE: Maintenance and upkeep: Am I wrong?

Dads idea was to NEVER fix anything. Ever try to park a 1066 someplace without a park brake that worked,,,or had to be 'herded' down the road cause the steering was really really bad???

He always parked broken down equipment away cause it was cheaper to fix it later,,meaning in season when supposed to be using it. made for a good excuse for not taking on any land. AND somebody else might need it and fix it for him in the meantime.

He GAVE me a bunch of broken down non running things once. After I fixed them up and spent a ton of money doing what was needed to, to use them a little,,,he took it back and took the money for them when they were sold

He found lots of ways to get others to do repairs and stuff for him,,,so it was free to him.

He never bought a hitch pin, a can of penetrating oil, or more than 3 bolts extra for anything he had. If he had his way he would still be farming with an M and a 3 bottom plow and a 4 row culivator,,,and pick with a 2 MH picker. BUT never ever change the tranny rear end grease in the M cause it is fine,,,if you only drive it in the summer so the water isnt froze the gears up inside
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)