AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Only thing I can figure
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Deere4955
Posted 10/26/2014 05:19 (#4145191 - in reply to #4145177)
Subject: RE: Only thing I can figure

DE
First off. I love the man. Without him I never would have had the chance. But I've realized a long time ago that If we had to work Sunday more then just chickens it's not worth it to me. That's my family time. From my viewpoint I feel he's married to the farm. He lives everyday to farm. He constantly tells me how he lays awake at night planning the next day. He doesn't know what to do on his time off. i have a fairly close relationship with him. The pickup story was last Sunday my brother was drilling barley and he started telling him where and how to park the truck. I knew my brother was going to park it somewhere else because I would have. And we think alike most the time. So I spoke up and said look your not going to be here in the field so why not just let him park where he wants? That was followed by a pissed off do whatever you want. I had an accident this summer driving truck. Luckily nobody was hurt. Wife was in hospital and I needed to haul. I wasn't pushed but felt it was my responsibility. I'm still thankful he handled that situation well. He just said a few words but let it go. I'm paranoid now about pulling out of a driveway now. I learned from it. I drink water no soda or coffee. Right now I'm eating my honey nut Cheerios for breakfast. I probaly need to eat an apple or banana during the day. But I eat fairly healthy. The same stuff I always have. Except my wife's amazing cooking. Maybe a lil too much of that lol. I do need more exercise. Shifting gears all day doesn't count. Im stuck on stress. My wife's health has been difficult. We've spent somewhere around 2 months of time admitted to the hospital. I wasn't there all the time but most. I have worked off farm at the state as an equipment operator. I didn't burn that bridge. I'm almost certain they would hire me. Getting married and all this sickness changed me. I really woke up to the fact I enjoy farming but I'd rather be home with my wife. She comes riding with me a lot but most the time I'm so focused she doesn't get the same out of it as if we were home or dinner or out together. My wife and brothers girlfriend brought us pizza Friday night in the field. I couldn't believe it when instead of takin 10 minutes to eat like he normally preaches he got his pizza and got back in the combine without hardly a word. Not a thank you or you guys eat while I shell a round. That devastated me. I don't wanna be like that. If they had been the landowners that get us dinner we would have stopped to eat. I talked to his best friend after the pickup deal and he saw both sides. He's a perfectionist and likes to be in control. but he sees that this is going to end in a blowup one day

Edited by Deere4955 10/26/2014 05:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)