AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Only thing I can figure
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

durallymax
Posted 10/26/2014 04:15 (#4145174 - in reply to #4144471)
Subject: RE: Only thing I can figure

Wi
Well the focus is on the stress of dealing with your family which is very likely, but don't rule out a physical issue. If you aren't eating regular and healthy meals you can start to really feel like crap. Some guys are fine eating nothing but meat and potatoes. Others need a ton of fruits and vegetables, almost everyone benefits from it because most don't eat enough of them. Don't forget exercise. Go for a jog in the morning or when you have time during the day. Just 30 minutes will give you more energy than any amount of coffee ever will. If you drink pop, quit. Drink a lot of water. You be surprised how much energy you get from just being hydrated. Most people never drink enough water. If you need caffeine, get some pills or powder instead of the expensive sugar filled energy drinks or pop. Coffee and tea are the next best thing without too many bad side effects.

Make sure your thyroid is working fine and that your blood sugar is good. Doctors will also check some other things as well to cover the bases. You can do everything under the sun to try and get more energy but if something is wrong physically it's kind of an uphill battle. I fought it all last summer. Kept loosing energy and couldn't get through the day, then found out it was hodgkins. Highly unlikely that's what your issues is and it's certainly not something Dr's think of when you say you are tired.

If you've got the physical stuff down then you have to work on the emotional stuff. It's a lot easier to work on that part when the physical stuff is in check. You'll be in a much better mood with good food send exercise. Doesn't sound like you have control over it, but take a day off when you can. It helps. Even just going home early helps. You need some sort of break to reset yourself. For most people this is Sunday but you can't always take Sunday off. If you have to work try to be done early so you can have Sunday night for your family.

The Nit picking uncle likely causes you a lot of stress. My advice is to tread lightly until harvest is over. When he Nit picks something ask him why and offer your opinion. I wouldn't butt heads just yet though. If he has a heart attack about where you park a pickup he's likely plenty stressed about getting things harvested. After harvest have a discussion with him about each others goals and what you would like to see different. You'll have to change too in order to meet his needs. If you can't agree, leave before you torch the bridge. Go work off the farm and remain family members with no hard feelings. Then someday you could probably come back again.

A riskier move would be to start putting your foot down when he is being unreasonable and standing your ground. This can escalate to a lot of yelling and fighting and sometimes ends with the older guy mellowing out and respecting the younger one. It's just the way some cultures are. Other times it results in you not having a choice if you want to work on the farm or not.

Good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)