AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Youth traveling basketball
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

biggens_ia
Posted 3/1/2021 10:43 (#8865738 - in reply to #8865674)
Subject: RE: Youth traveling basketball

here is a player(many years ago) non parent aspect of it, i played baseball traveling before i was in highschool, we played a lot, were very good and traveled a lot. I obviuosly never knew the financial aspect of it then but do now. there is no way it could have not been a strain on my parents but we did it anyway. Just being blunt and truthful but i played with the best players from the entire county i lived in and we did well. We then transitioned to highschool and i realized i didnt want to play so much anymore. I didnt play in the summers in high school but did during season. I still kept the edge that some people said i would lose by not playing in the summers. I worked hard at it, but at my own leisure. You have to really love the game to play all the school season and in the summers too. I got burnt out on it and by the end of high school i was ready for it to be done. But i also realized there was life outside of sports. It takes some a LONG time to realize that. Did the summer seasons help me overall with my game (mental and physical) when i was younger, i would say yes because the competition was so high. If its a free for all no learning environment then no way is it worth it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)