AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Youth traveling basketball
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

RDinMN
Posted 3/1/2021 19:22 (#8866644 - in reply to #8865546)
Subject: RE: Youth traveling basketball

Southwestern Minnesota
I would say it depends on how good you think he is/will be and how much he likes it. My son played some traveling basketball when he was that age. Our group did not want to travel so much that it included Sundays, so the coach only chose pretty local events and that was fun for him. It was still a lot of sitting on bleachers for the parents, but we did it. You don't get better if you don't put the time in. And you probably won't get to play when you're in high school if the others have put in the time and you haven't. That said, my son did it for a few years and after 6th grade and on our way home from the last tournament of the season, he said that his basketball career was over. He had other things he was more interested in, and it wasn't basketball. That was fine with me, and his decision. He's doing fine now- has a great job and all is well. It doesn't include playing ball. Very few make it to the next level after high school, but some do. I guess it's a matter of what you want to spend your time and money doing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)