AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Youth traveling basketball
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Newport MI
Posted 3/1/2021 14:20 (#8866116 - in reply to #8866035)
Subject: RE: Youth traveling basketball

There are travel teams that don't travel as heavy as others. Club teams stick to 1 day tournaments every other weekend or so.
Your kid has to really like the game and have some talent.
If he is head and shoulders better then kids he's playing with then to keep him near the top you will have to do something.
Most kids on travel ball are better then those that aren't because they have the ball in their hands more then others. They practice more....my kids are trying out for travel next week. Spring/summer basketball..starts May 28th ends June 26th..right in the middle of planting here..oh well I figured it will be here when I get home...work never goes away but life does.
With that said you can discipline yourself to work with him an hr a day and you won't need travel. Or sign him up for clinic's that fit your schedule.. really the only thing you can do to help him is dribbling...not strong enough yet to teach him how to shoot properly..
Some kids are naturally good. Don't need travel ball. Some need work..if the posters above were on a travel team for many years and didn't make a varsity team in high school then they bought some snake oil..... didn't do any research on who the coach was or pay attention to see if any progress was being made for the time and money...I work full time, farm full time alone. It will be like that intill I retire. Kids are only young once though.
I made them I'll sacrifice time for them..
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)