AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Youth traveling basketball
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

HeathS
Posted 3/1/2021 09:42 (#8865620 - in reply to #8865546)
Subject: RE: Youth traveling basketball

We just spent Saturday at one of those all day events. It was my sons 8th grade school team playing. Our regular season is over so now they want them to do two months of this. Our team would have been better served to spend the day at our gym doing drills and working on fundamentals. But I am a old timer who played in the days of pick and roll, set plays and good defense, none of which is happening in today's basketball.
With that said here is what I discovered in relation to your question. Our school also had 3rd thru 6th grade teams there playing. I also have a 6th grader . He is debating on playing 7th grade school ball next year. Well after Saturday's it is apparent that unless you are involved with all this travel non sense, there's no use going out for the team. My wife even agreeded that next years team is already set. This is what our 8th grader has run into with his basketball team. I personally would advise against it. I would advise spending time with your son one on one and working on the fundamentals . You will enjoy and cherish that time and he will be a better player. Bear in mind he may not play a lot because he isn't a "travel ball kid". I better stop here. I was about to comment on dad coaches and travel ball
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)