AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Worst Meal You Got as a Hired Man
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ronm
Posted 1/22/2021 09:39 (#8771763 - in reply to #8769592)
Subject: RE: Worst Meal You Got as a Hired Man

Fruita CO
In 35 years of being a mobile mechanic I ate lunch at a lot of farm homes. All in all I mostly got fed pretty well, roast beef, steaks, etc., but the thing I noticed was in the early 80's when I first started, almost all the farm wives were at home & cooked a meal at noon. As times got tougher in that decade, it evolved to where the wives had to take a town job & weren't home for lunch...it was jump in the pickup & go to town. I only got the white bread sandwich with one slice of thin lunch meat once or twice, that was at an old guy's place whose wife wasn't really in good health, so I figured she did the best she could. He was a good ol' guy but tighter than the bark on a tree, had sold a big chunk of land east of Denver when they built DIA, so he wasn't poor...another time I was there. he went in to McDonald's & got me lunch-single burger, no cheese, small fries, & a small coke...better than nothin'...
That old guy took the forward-most cap off of his 4030 one time, couldn't see any liquid, so he got the hose & put about 5 gal. of water in the fuel tank before he decided he had the wrong hole...he did realize what he did before he started it, so all I had to do was drain & flush the tank.
I should write a damn book...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)