AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Worst Meal You Got as a Hired Man
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Hereford Guy
Posted 1/21/2021 21:08 (#8770701 - in reply to #8770370)
Subject: RE: Worst Meal You Got as a Hired Man

Quite a few years ago I was working for a guy one spring and the weather had been pretty wet. We were really burning the midnight oil on the days when it was fit to run. One day he insisted that rather than me running into town to eat dinner at noon I should eat with them, his wife was bringing out a meal. As it was, he got over there to where she set the meal out and ate and was back planting before I got a chance to get over there. I finally got close, left the tractor idling and was ready to eat a good meal. It was a long morning and I expected a longer afternoon and evening. I lifted the lid on the casserole dish. She had brought out lasagna, which is perfectly fine. My boss had practically scraped the bottom of the dish and left me the tiniest little square of lasagna. I made do with a tiny piece of lasagna, some leaves of salad, and a few green beans. I was pretty hot when I went back to working ground. The next time he tried that stunt I declined his generosity and went to town and ate at the cafe.

I had another guy that I think the best his wife ever fixed was tuna noodle casserole from a box. She made that about twice a week. He was a major cheapskate when it came to his help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)