AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good post below, new twist, cost to live
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

davpal
Posted 1/17/2019 00:03 (#7250559 - in reply to #7250234)
Subject: RE: Good post below, new twist, cost to live

Mid Michigan
These kind of threads always crack me up. Yesterday I just told the guys at work I don't think it cost me $10 bucks a day to live most days. Most peacocks think they need to spend $200-$500 a day to impress the neighbors. I don't know how I withstand the hardship. Getting over insecurities is the first step to living on less than you make. If you're insecure about yourself and your house and vehicles, and everything you deal with in life you'll spend yourself into oblivion and beyond trying to make up for being insecure and still won't be happy in the long run. Dave Ramesey calls it spending money to impress people you don't know and don't care what you do anyway. There are $25,000 dollar houses around here and there are $250,000 dollar houses around here. Admitting you might only be able to afford the $25,000 dollar one is a tough pill for people to swallow so they buy the $250,000 dollar one and two new vehicles and fight with the wife every day over money and end up foreclosed on anyway. They could have lived in the cheap house for 5 or 10 years and saved the cash to buy the $250,000 dollar house and never have a mortgage for the rest of their lives.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)