AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pretty sure I'm planning to go on a diet after the holidays. Suggestions?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

MaybeSomedayFarm
Posted 11/19/2018 20:34 (#7116023 - in reply to #7104404)
Subject: RE: Pretty sure I'm planning to go on a diet after the holidays. Suggestions?

Western NY State
dlerwick - 11/13/2018 22:40

To quote Gary Taubes:  We don't know conclusively that carbs are the culprit, but they are at the scene of every crime.  He was talking about heart disease, diabetes, stroke, and for sure obesity.  There is even some indication that, while carbs may not cause cancer, they certainly contribute to its' spread because cancer cells only use sugar for energy.  Alzheimers is another disease that is showing some indication that it may be contributed to by excessive carbs. 

So, in order to lose weight simply reduce your carb intake and fast every day.  If you start to restrict your carbs you will, by necessity, begin to eat more fat and protein.  It won't take you too long to learn that consuming more fat will make you feel full quicker and longer.  I rarely eat breads, pasta, rice or potatoes in any form as well as very little ice cream or sweets.  I can't say that I miss them much because I find any more, that those kind of sweets and high carb foods are a quick path to an upset stomach.  I fast at least 12 hours every day, usually longer which means no snacking after supper. 

When I hit 212 I decided I would not be content to be that heavy.  I am down to 190 +/- 2 lbs either way.  Maintained that for several months without ever really feeling deprived.

Carbs are a killer. And it takes a lot of carbs to make you feel full so you over eat. Fats and protein will make you feel full much quicker. That’s part of the idea behind the carnivore diet.

And I heavily agree with the other poster that said don’t diet. This needs to be a lifestyle change. Diets are temporary.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)