AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pretty sure I'm planning to go on a diet after the holidays. Suggestions?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

jonas grumby
Posted 11/12/2018 09:45 (#7100916 - in reply to #7100740)
Subject: RE: Pretty sure I'm planning to go on a diet after the holidays. Suggestions?

Northern Illinois
This is me and I realize everyone is different. For me it had be a lifestyle change. I have lost 75 pounds. I have gained a few back but hope to get back to where I was. The diet where I only ate what was in the box does not work for me. I was always hungry so I snacked. What has worked for me is not eat anything that is crazy bad and exercise. I really think you should start now. No use saying it is ok to eat something over the holidays because I am starting a diet after because that could lead to gaining more weight and thus you have more to lose. I don't think you will draw attention to yourself if you just change your eating a little. Just for example don't eat gravy. You still get the turkey or ham and potatoes just skip the gravy. They taste fine without. If your wife makes the dinner or takes a dish to pass have her make green beans. Just not the green beans with French onion soup and onion straws on top. The same with fruit. Fruit is great just don't eat it if it has the fruit juice. That is where the calories are. Have a piece of pie. Just ask for half a slice or maybe less. If anyone asks just say you want to try a couple different pies. Skip the topping on the pie. Don't load up on the snacks sitting out unless they are veggie trays and in that case again skip the dip. Like I've mentioned a couple of times skip the sauces like gravy, veggie dip or whip cream. That is where a lot of the calories are. Eat slower. Drink water. Don't give up the beer but drink more water. Eat snacks that have protein like nuts and do not eat hollow carbs for snacks.

I know this is not what you were looking for but it has worked for me. But like I said earlier whatever you go with has to be a lifestyle change.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)