AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dumping Hours Frustration
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Z.A.Enterprises
Posted 10/26/2017 17:59 (#6328868 - in reply to #6327788)
Subject: RE: Dumping Hours Frustration

Sw Ontario
kscatfish84 - 10/25/2017 23:55

Probably because that is stated hours and employees were told that and planned accordingly. Contrary to belief, those 2 legged creatures dumping grain are people too and most have families. Families that love them and maybe, just maybe want to go to church with them and tuck their kids into bed on the lords day.

If they adjust to longer hours for poor weather coming, it only makes sense to shorten hours with good weather forecasted. Right??? I mean what's the rush? Great weather is ahead for days. Right? It works both ways or does it?

Sorry for the rant. I grew up on the farm. Worked at an elevator and gained a whole new respect for the guys that do that all the time. I can tell the younger guys out there that have never worked off the farm... they don't have a clue what it's like outside their world. No offense to anyone. Just my observation.

I hope you have a safe and successful harvest. And please tell those guys who work there 7 days a week at your elevator thank you. Trust me, those 2 words mean more than you know.

You are dead on right.
Everybody should mandatory work for someone else before starting for themselves. Been there, done that. Learnt al ot, more than any school can teach you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)