AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dumping Hours Frustration
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

kscatfish84
Posted 10/25/2017 23:10 (#6327805 - in reply to #6323069)
Subject: RE: Dumping Hours Frustration

CRJ - 10/23/2017 15:45

That's BS and painting with a broad brush. The cost per bushel for labor with overtime (or better give comp time when it rains or this winter when nothing gets done anyway) wouldn't amount to a few cents per bushel on the rare Sundays when the weather is nice in peak harvest season. But keep making excuses and there will be no need for you middle men there to dock and charge too much for drying anyway. All you will have left is your weekend warriors for customers.

What's this "rare Sunday" you speak of??? Is it the one that falls after Saturday? Obviously you have no clue what it's like to work at an elevator if you make that statement. Maybe it's different where you are at, but here it's months of 7 day weeks. I worked at an elevator. It was so great. I got to work all the time, never saw my house in daylight. Ate every meal at work. It was awesome!!! We had our first child and I changed jobs.

There are people that start cutting before you and finish long after you do. It's a long season. Try to look at it from their side. And hell, if you think you can do better, go buy the place or put your own elevator up and hire people to work 12 hrs a day 7 days a week... only when it's busy. Otherwise, it's 40hr weeks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)