AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Struggles in Life
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

DC4020
Posted 4/19/2016 08:04 (#5251503 - in reply to #5251001)
Subject: RE: Struggles in Life

Central Ga
You are exactly right about the personal reward in the end. It is obvious you understand deferred gratification. Sometimes it might seem easier to work for someone else for a paycheck and that is fine. Each to his own. I have found in farming or business in general that typically the low risk or no risk situations also have a low or no reward outcome. The level of risk one is willing to take varies greatly from one person to the next. I have also found that many times in my life when my disappointment was greatest that I had put a lot of pressure on myself by setting my expectations too high. I need to have ambitious expectations, but I have to be realistic as well. I am not suggesting that is the case with you, only sharing my mistakes, and maybe someone else can benefit. I have a good many equipment challenges on this farm myself. By area standards this is an STO operation and I have chosen to run a fleet of older but paid for tractors. With ten older tractors there is hardly a day that goes by that I don't have an opportunity to spend money if I choose to do so. There is almost always one OR MORE tractors that needs a new set of batteries, tires, a new seat, a new muffler, alternator, starter, injection pump rebuilt, leaking pto seal fixed, radiator, u name it, there are always opportunities to pull one in the shop and turn a wrench and spend money. The good part is there is no payment, although it has not always been that way, had to get what I have paid for. It might help to look at problems and challenges as opportunities for personal growth and attaining practical wisdom and know how. I know that might sound stupid to some, but it helps me emotionally digest some of the issues I deal with on a daily basis. Good luck to you with your farming and especially with your family. Treasure each day with your family and especially your children. They grow up fast and each day is a blessing from GOD and none of us are guaranteed tomorrow. Sorry for the long post. I haven't been this long winded in a while...

Edited by DC4020 4/19/2016 08:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)