AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some numbers on a hog finishing barn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

3w farms
Posted 2/24/2014 19:39 (#3714063 - in reply to #3711981)
Subject: RE: Some numbers on a hog finishing barn

S.E. Iowa
Let me throw out something. Locally we have a group that is very anti confinement, They started very small but have huge money resources behind them. They are now working on getting a chapter in every county in Iowa. There first more is to get you shutdown in pre construction county supervisors , public meetings and protest to DNR., Get past that they then threaten law suits in the construction stage. what they threaten to do is , Bring a group of lawyers out on another state who will file a lawsuit on behalf of anyone who says they have been effected by your now working building. All they need is for you(anyone within 2 miles of the hogs) to say the quality of their life has been effected by your new building. These things include, I cant open my windows at night, my daughters birthday was ruined by the odor, things like that. here's the big part they file these separate so you have to fight 40-50 lawsuits. I can tell you of two farmers that have shut down their houses because of this group, Something to think about before you invest a million bucks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)