AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some numbers on a hog finishing barn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

gac103
Posted 2/23/2014 22:53 (#3712481 - in reply to #3712393)
Subject: RE: Some numbers on a hog finishing barn

Henderson county illinois
First-I want to apologize if I'm coming off as being arrogant-I can see my previous posts could be taken this way. I do appreciate all criticism-thats why I put this post up. I am in an area that is pretty saturated with hog barns so the neighbor issue will not be a problem.I have talked with everyone and they say go for it. I am buying 2 farms in my area and I would like to keep investing in ground..but I'm in an area where ground doesn't come up for sale very often. And GangGreen-I do sell seed in the area and most likely,if a farm came up for sale close-by,I would have to bid against a seed customer,which I will not do. Kookier-I didn't mean that I was expecting an 8% return from the barns-I just meant that if I could find something that did that wasn't depreciable-my money would be there.

In my opinion,I also think the tax benefit from these barns make it more appealing,where you can only write-off your interest when you buy ground. Maybe my perception is skewed..but I have put a pencil to this for 6 months now and I still feel its a good deal. I do appreciate the concern and recommendations though.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)