AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Running over someone's pet./ no speed limit on a rural residential road
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

JohnKS
Posted 5/21/2012 16:56 (#2391853 - in reply to #2391216)
Subject: Re: Running over someone's pet./ no speed limit on a rural residential road

Kansas
Lost a few of my furry friends on the road as well. One night a pair of teen girls knocked on the door with my cat in their arms crying that they killed her, but fortunately she was just woozy and recovered fine (from the mark on her head, I think my cat ran into the car and knocked herself out). Another time folks came home to find one of our dogs dead in the driveway and that evening a UPS driver called to tell us that he had done it. It just depends on the person.

A bad thing to see is an animal like a dog getting hit. I was in Derby Ks some years back and there was a shepard like dog walking along the highway and a van went by and just as it did the pooch made a 90 degree turn right into the lane and, well, you know. Even sadder is the van was going slow because they seen it, but when it made that turn there was nothing they could do. Couldn't help but think of seeing that happen over the next few days.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)