AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Running over someone's pet./ no speed limit on a rural residential road
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ollieolliver
Posted 5/21/2012 01:21 (#2391216)
Subject: Running over someone's pet./ no speed limit on a rural residential road

Central Minnesota
I came home from dinner tonight at the girlfriend's parents, was just about to turn in the driveway, and there in front of it was my favorite (I'm not much of a cat guy) cat. This little bugger brought us a lot of happiness, when last spring we found him ironically on the side of the road as a kitten, took him in, and he kept us happy and entertained while my Dad was going through his bout with cancer. I hate to see any pet hit on the road, and never have hit anyone's pet myself, but, if I did, I would have the decency to locate the pet's owner and let them know and apologize, and see if there's anything I could do for them. It really really made me incredibly mad to see him there and have to tell my folks, yeah I found Gizmo after they were calling for him to come in, which, we've never seen him near the road other than when we found him, and he was afraid of cars, so speed played a factor in my opinion. Also, our road has no speed limit and is a residential area where there are kids, pets, and me trying to run machinery down the road, and have people flying by doing 70+ sometimes. I am going to talk to the county tomorrow and ask for a speed limit sign to be posted and hopefully get it to be 45 tops,, it is a paved road,not gravel. Has anyone tried to do this, and will I be wasting my time doing so, or do they usually work with you? As for the person who ran little Gizmo over, I sure hope they have a tough time sleeping tonight, but, I'm sure they won't because they would've had the decency to stop if they were any kind of a decent human. Wether you like cats or not, please realize that you never know what kind of joy that animal whatever it may be, may bring to whomever it belongs to, and not to rob people of that joy if you can at all help it. Sorry for the long post, but this really bothers me because I will never get to see his playful self jumping at moths or chasing me around the house, or playing with his mouse on the end of a fishing pole again. RIP Gizmo.

Edited by ollieolliver 5/21/2012 01:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)