AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When your JD 4430 synchro is torn apart, is there anything that is easily missed?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 11/7/2021 13:45 (#9308925 - in reply to #9270758)
Subject: RE: When your JD 4430 synchro is torn apart, is there anything that is easily missed?

Also, I have been using my 4430 QR that I bought as a backup this spring. Getting to where I need two 540 PTO tractors so I borrowed my Dad’s 4010 synchro and asked one of my employees to drive it.

On a hunch (he was driving the 4430 synchro when it got stuck in 8th) I asked him how he would shift to get up to speed.

His response was something like:

1. start in 3rd
2. push clutch in and switch to 5th (while moving)
3. push clutch in and switch to 6th while moving
4. push clutch in and  switch to 8th while moving

That is of course not how I trained him. But I assume that is why the top shaft is smoked? I never switch between ranges without coming to a complete stop. Yes, I switch gears within a range (1->3, 2->5, 4->7 or 6->8) while moving but not between ranges and I really emphasized not to switch between ranges while training.

I said why didn’t you call and ask when it made horrible noises when you tried to switch between ranges?

He said it did not make horrible noises or any noise at all.

I have a hard time believing that but I also don’t want to go try to see if that is true. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)