AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When your JD 4430 synchro is torn apart, is there anything that is easily missed?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 10/18/2021 17:40 (#9275648 - in reply to #9272840)
Subject: RE: When your JD 4430 synchro is torn apart, is there anything that is easily missed?

ronm - 10/16/2021 22:03 In watching your video: Top shaft looks OK if they can unplug the lube holes. The shifter fork is the late style that goes with the 3X5 syncros, but the syncros are not 3x5...the shifter has the notch in the top that slides in the long spacer on the bolt. keeps it aligned. I saw the bolt & spacer laying there. The triangle piece they can't identify looks like a piece of the shifter, maybe off the original one in a previous failure-the one there isn't original... 3X5 syncros have splines on the inside of the plates, the old style have 4 tangs. They are the parts with the "little fricition disks"... The blue area on the PTO shaft is from heat-treating, don't worry about it...nothing runs there. They all look like that. The bottom shaft gear looks like 6&8, you didn't show it very well. Was it jumping out of 6&8? (It finally dawned on me this is a syncro, not a quad-range...) Make sure they set up the axle bearings with the "lead ball" method. should be in the manual, or in a 4440 manual for sure.

Ron, I’m looking back through everything to see what I have missed. I see I did not answer your question about 6 and 8. It was totally stuck in 8. Could not get it out.

Is there anything wrong with a 3x5 fork but original parts everywhere else? Still not sure where to find the rest of the 3x5 stuff if I want to make it all 3x5.

Thanks. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)