AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When your JD 4430 synchro is torn apart, is there anything that is easily missed?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 11/7/2021 13:38 (#9308917 - in reply to #9270758)
Subject: RE: When your JD 4430 synchro is torn apart, is there anything that is easily missed?

Update:

4430 synchro is still in the shop. I guess they put the cab on Monday and could not get the linkage for line up on the shifter.

I guess I know absolutely nothing about the shift linkage so I don’t know what they were talking about but they said that things weren’t lining up and they thought maybe something was bent and asked if I knew anything about that.

I did not. It has always shifted great I thought. Maybe we bent something trying to get it out of 8th gear when it was stuck in 8th? Other than that, I don’t know.

Why didn’t they notice stuff under tension when they took it apart if it’s that hard to get it lined up to go back together?

So after I said I didn’t know of anything bent, he said, “well, I think we have it right now and we’ll go back together with it”.

So I asked what they fixed. If he thought something was bent, did they have to straighten anything?

He said no, but that can was cammed over and we didn’t know it so we got that fixed and are going back with it.

Why did he ask about bent stuff if he didn’t find anything bent? What is the deal with the cam?

Still haven’t heard that it’s done. How many hours are they getting into hooking the shift linkage up? Do I eat this? 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)